Monday 29 October 2012

Copyright Requests


In this lesson I was alone since Anne-sophie and Lavinia were on an art trip so I decided to find the copyright holder of the song “Cities in Dust”.
I then saw that there was an original version of Cities in Dust which was originally made by Siouxsie & The Banshees.


I then looked further to find the copyright holder of the Junkie Xl version and went on their official website and found the contact email. 


I then sent them an email requesting permission for using their music in our student film. This is the email:



Then I looked further to find the Label company of Junkie Xl on Wikipedia which turned out to be “Artwerk” which is a dutch label company. 



I went on their website and sent them the same following email:




Our teacher told us that we did not need to receive the approval for using the music but we just needed to make the request. Which we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment