Wednesday 31 October 2012

Guitar / Problems

Tuesday when I came into class I was asking about the left-handed electric guitar that we need for our guitarist Maxim, I thought we had asked the school to provide one for us. As I speak to my group they tell me that he will be using a normal right-handed electric guitar but playing it with his left hand. I told them that for a musician to suddenly change their ways is not going to be good. We spoke and they suggested that he could just play the guitar as Jimmy Hendrix.. I told them that playing a guitar like Jimmy Hendrix is not something you do over night. As this drove me to stress I decided to tell them that I thought we should buy or rent one as I mentioned in my earlier post. They were not entirely keen on this idea but I decided to pursue it further.. I looked up guitars in the lesson and found a really great one from Rockburn for 68 pounds and would deliver for wednesday:

When I got my card to order the guitar but the guitar above was all of a sudden not possible to buy this guitar and since I wanted express delivery for wednesday my choice was limited. So I had to look for another guitar that could deliver for wednesday. I found another black electric left handed guitar for 90 pounds. I ordered this with my card and I was sure it went through. At night I got an email from Amazon telling me that my order had not gone through and that they could not charge my visa. Since my visa card is foreign sometimes I have problems with it.


This meant that they had not put my order through and since it would not be delivered by wednesday as we needed, the day before our shoot, I found there was no point in ordering the guitar. I then cancelled the transaction. But now we solved the problem, where Maxim the guitarist is going to play on the right-handed guitar but on the left side. This is the only way. On the plus side we are not going to hear his guitar, so as long as it look real it can still look amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment