Thursday 15 November 2012

The Beginning

I started the the beginning of the post-production of our music video. As I had synched all the shots on top of each other it made it easier for me to cut in between the different shots and I could try out different shots to see what fit best together and what looked best in rhythm to the music. I started editing the beginning with having focus on the guitarist as that is the only sound you hear in the beginning of the song.

 I had a tough time editing with the establishing shot as we had shot one of the band in front of the gold glitter curtain and one without. We all decided on the fact that it did not look very fitting for our video but thought it looked like something you would have at a high school prom. This meant that I had to edit with one establishing shot of the band that we had only once without the gold curtain. 


Here you can see the beginning of the editing process and how I could easily cut between the different shots. Some of them are darkened as I was experimenting with different ones. This meant that i could try one shot but then if I wanted to keep it but see if there was something better I could try with another one without deleting the first one. 


Here you can see that on Final Cut Pro there are to windows for the images. The one on the right is for playing what I have already edited and the one on the left is to look through whole shots. 






No comments:

Post a Comment